You need to be logged in in order to access the speakers presentations.
Can't access account? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Jon joined IGD’s Retail team in July 2012 and leads the research programme in Europe. He undertakes regular market visits across the region, tracking the latest format, private label, marketing and digital engagement strategies, meeting retailers and suppliers to further our international coverage. He also heads up IGD’s research into the store of the future, supports on the global alliances coverage as well as managing customised presentations for clients, plus industry platform presentations.
Jon regularly delivers keynote presentations at events for some of the world’s leading grocery retail brands as well as events that bring together senior leaders across the food and grocery industry.
Presentation summary: The expansion of the discount model and the entry of start-ups into grocery retailing in Europe is impacting traditional operating models. This is putting a downward pressure on margins across the region, just at a time when many retailers need to invest to differentiate their offer or expand into new channels, such as convenience or online.
The presentation will use IGD’s proprietary ‘RED’ framework, which helps retailers and suppliers understand the key components for ensuring new format developments are relevant for the future.
Jon will look to answer five key questions:
• How and why are retailers’ margins coming under pressure in Europe?
• What are the winning strategies retailers are using for increasing efficiency along their supply chains? How are they making sure these help them better meet shoppers’ evolving demands?
• How are the major players in retail using investment to drive margin growth?
• How are European retailers creating a more efficient store model that will help them win in the future?
• What are the implications and key considerations for grocery retailing in Europe?